Saturday, 19 July 2008

Visuals

This is the visual of 500grams of fat. Now currently I am carrying an extra 12 tubs of this around daily. The result is a knee that aches even on a minimally active day. The reality of it is the image I saw when in the change room cubicle last night [and yes I was alone.lol].

I have been in denial for a while, cause I thought I looked ok when carrying just 8 of these tubs around, and even not too bad when carrying 10, but there was no hiding the reality of 12.

So today I will plan a menu, I will plan to exercise and I will endeavour to find creative ways to consume more water. The real challenge will be to keep to no artificial additives and preservatives, while trying to provide a variety of tasty options. That means none of the 'diet' foods that I relied on when achieving my weight watchers goal.

I currently have a chest infection, so a good day to sit and plan.

1 comment:

maria said...

Oh goodness.. that's not good news hearing you have a chest infection, I do hope that eases soon for you.. especially as we're in winter.

The two times in my life that I've lost over 40kgs at a time.. I've not relied on conventional 'diet' products, as in artificially sweetened or highly processed foods. It's always been with foods in their most natural form..simple, basic, vegies..and a small amount of meat and not as many starches either.

My body can react so easily to additives especially with my liver. I have 104 tubs of margarine 'to go' until I'm considered to be in a healthy weight range. I find also if I start eating processed type foods.. I get out of control and keep choosing more and more unhealthier options.

One way of consuming water that is discussed at my WW meeting is connecting it with going for a wee! As it happens, I'm in the habit of having a glass of water every time I go to the toilet (when I'm washing my hands). My WW leader revealed one day she has a glass before she goes to the loo.

Some ladies have a special glass on the counter.. or by the sink. Eg. they buy themselves one nice glass from Target or the supermarket even that becomes their glass. Could be a pretty glass or a cartoon character glass?! And there's visual association with it. Every time you see it, it's a reminder to have a drink if you haven't had one that hour.

Good on you for planning and I hope you make some progress and complete that menu today :) Let me know if you need any help.