A friend of mine, whom I haven't seen socially for quite a while turned 50 today. To celebrate she organised a girls breakfast at a local cafe, starting at 9am but for people to come and go as they liked, and to either come for breakfast, or just a cuppa, or a quick hello. I liked the sound of it, being a casual no formalities type of affair.
Well I arrived just before 10am and ordered coffee. There were only three people at the table having breakfast. One being my friend, one I had known in the past and another that I hadn't met. This was good, as i was able to comfortably join in the conversation after being warmly introduced by my friend.
After a while, one friend left and another two arrived, and that was the total guests for the morning. A far more intimate affair than I had pictured, but also a more socially comfortable one for me as I was able to be part of the conversations and not feel that I was on the fringe of things as I often do at larger gatherings.
I was the last to leave, as I got engaged with a conversation with my birthday friend. It was 1pm! The morning had flown. I had re connected with a friend that I seldom see these days. Our conversation really lifted me as she is so genuinely interested in my well being, and also trusts me with her own story. I left feeling really alive and inspired.



1 comment:
Sounded lovely Gail.
Post a Comment