Wednesday, 16 July 2008

There's a leak

Our shower has been leaking from the day it was installed. Not enough to notice initially, but when paint starts bubbling and slate turns white, you know there's a problem lurking underneath. It's been totally retiled once but now the builer is having yet another think about it. Can't rush these things, the bathroom was renovated about 13 years ago.

The other day I made a coffee and came to the computer, only to notice a coffee ring under my cup. I cleared it and within a couple of minutes it reformed. Each time I moved the cup, another ring would appear on the bench. I did nothing about it as I drink my coffee relatively quickly, but I know in time it will need to be thrown out.

I was feeling a tad low and extremely tired today and the image of a leak came to mind. No, not the type you make soup out of, but the type that slowly lets out the contents. I wondered if my body has a leak in it. I'm not falling apart in any great hurry, but I do feel like I am being gradually deflated.

Sure enough I do have moments and even days when I feel truely inflated, but leaks can be subtle. So, I've made a Dr. appt. for next week to see if I can get this leak fixed, cause it's annoying and unlike my shower, it's not going to wait. lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your analagy. Describes my recent feelings perfectly. You are great with words. Hope your leek is on the mend really soon! Love you! Love Sandie

maria said...

Praying for life-filled moments and days that refresh you Gail. Thanks for sharing how you feel. xo

maria said...

p.s. by 'life-filled' I mean.. things that breathe life into you.. as opposed to things that sap away from you.