I attended a community forum tonight for volunteers in this area. I fit under that catagory due to my role of secretary of the Hall committee. I went thinking I would gain some insight on how to apply for the grants that the local shire offers and maybe some committee management tips. What I gained was a great opportunity to network with various people from my local district. I now have my name down as being interested in joining an evening group of the C.W.A. Which by all accounts is so much more than tea nad crafts. Did you know they are the country's biggest womans lobbying group to government? WOW!
A young lass who now is the president of the local playgroup commented on the struggle to get a committee operating well, as there was no one to pass this knowledge on. So I was able to speak up as I was the president of that same group several years back. So we will now get our heads together to give the group some direction.
We often speak of being too busy, and yet in reality, I'm sure most people could find productive ways to become involved in their local community. So if you are wanting friendships, a purpose, or just a connection to local people, use your phone book/internet and get involved. With a huge variety of roles and needs, there is something for everyone, and your involvement would be much appreciated.



1 comment:
An informative post Gail ! :-)
Post a Comment