I don't actually see myself as being old, I'm 42, and although I often feel 'mature' ,old is another concept. Mal is 45, and once again it isn't old. We have three teenage children all still studying and living at home. We are looking forward to the empty nest syndrome and the weekends that will come with no taxi service needed. We feel as if we have alot to look forward to, holidays, free days, and even grandkids...one day. But then a friend dies suddenly at home, aged 45, a heart attack. He has a loving wife, three teenagers and no doubt all the plans for his future similar to ours. Suddenly his life story has ended, and I can only hope an eternal life lies ahead.
It makes me ponder on where we are at. Where we are heading and where we want to go. How precious each day becomes when we acknowledge how mortal we are. Are we living the life we want to be remembered for. Would there be regrets if it were to suddenly end.
Make each day count.



3 comments:
My Dad died like that nearly 4 years ago age 63. Suddenly. Heart attack and I felt it was too soon. It was too soon. I knew he didn't want to die. He often spoke of having "20 more years".
I'm going to be 39 this year. I'm nearly 50kg overweight..and I know I need to take care of me. We never know from one day to the next what will happen. Man has his plans.
I'm so sorry for this loss you've had. What a shock.
Hi Gail, Lara here. Thanks for the invite to read your blog...I am a bit slow in getting here. I too am sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope you and Mal are travelling ok, under the circumstances.
Love Lara
So sorry for your loss Gail.
So tragic.
Sending my love to you :)
Lusi x
Post a Comment