
We all have the 'not to go over' weight and I set mine long ago [when I originally lost 15kg] at 80kg. I usually allow myself to be about 75kg which is my weightwatchers life time member goal. Over the past year I have let it creep up, with the thoughts of 'it's only a kilo', "it's only a couple of kilos", and so on. Well now it's 6kg and I've well and truely hit the wall. My knees [particularly my right one] ache, my thighs have become close friends and all my nice, love to wear clothes, no longer fit. So it's time to renovate my temple!



3 comments:
Good Luck Gail! I know you can do it.
Isn't it amazing how a seemingly 'small' amount of weight can make such a difference to how we feel and look?
I reached my lowest weight of 2007in October and I'm 4.5kg heavier than that now (which was 5kg at the beginning of the week). Those 5kg's have meant my face looking plumper in photo's, clothes being tight, me disliking my reflection in windows/mirrors as opposed to noticing "ooh, my tummy's gone down hasn't it?"... I feel self conscious in public.. the list goes on. 5kg's. World of difference and I'm still in the 'hundreds'.
You make a very good point here in this post. Yes there are times to relax and not obsess about a kilo here or there.. but boy.. 2 to 5kg over can soon turn to 10 and then 20.. it's how it happens.
Good on you for taking charge and acknowledging where you're really at. Keep us posted on your progress! :-)
Good luck Gail! I know I have posted before about how you look great and how I would like to be your size, but I do understand - the last 5kg I have lost has made such a difference to me ( as hopefully each 5kg will) and as Maria says, it soon can turn to 10, 20. So I will be here to support you GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GAIL! Thanks also for the support you are giving me, it really does help.
Post a Comment