
I have always considered my eyesight to be excellent, as I have never had trouble reading fine print. However in the past week I have done
a lot of night time sewing and as I am currently on holidays, I have increased my reading, and from that I have had very sore, itchy eyes. So much so that the other night I felt as if they were filled with sand. So I rather than put of the inevitable, I have purchased some magnifying glasses from the chemist. Following their guide, I only needed the mild magnifiers, and I have chosen fine black frames with a touch of
bling. For the outlay of $30, I have discovered that not only fine print books, but also the computer screen in now more in focus. I had no idea that they were out of focus before! So although I now look even more like my father, it is going to improve my reading pleasure
immensely.
2 comments:
*Smile* at the 'father' comment! Ironically the photo you posted is a tad blurry, hehe! I'm short-sighted myself and have glasses for TV and cinema watching.. and driving at night. I'm *way* overdue to get some prescription sunnies as I've been going without sunglasses this summer so far.. NOT good!
I first knew you as the lady behind the sunnies you know. Your black & white LITS pic? You had shades on? I thought you looked like the chameleon/model (come-Virgin-blue attendant) classmate I studied travel with in the year 2000. Donna was her name! You share the exact same hair and everything.
I'm happy that things are more in focus now for you! Thanks for sharing :-)
I think they quite suit you Gail. I'm long sighted and find reading and doing any work (like the computer) for long periods of time physically tiring - I started wearing glasses last year. Now all I need to do is to remember to put them on before theyn get to the tired stage! Did you know btw that every couple of years you can have an eye check on medicare? its free, and you don't need to buy the glasses from them...
Post a Comment