Monday, 7 January 2008

I've been sewing

I have had a few requests for a peek at my quilt, so here it is so far. Each of the plain squares has a 'Gift of the Spirit' sewn on it, and I will probably sew the bible reference on the bottom corner square. As I had mentioned earlier, a friend encouraged me to give quilting a go and then on reading about the gifts of the spirit, the inspiration came to do a square for each gift.
When Mal and I recently went away, I had a small blanket wrapped around me as I read on the verandah in the morning, and I thought this quilt would be perfect for the cooler mornings that I am reading on my verandah. [not that I'll need it anytime soon.lol].

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail I am loving your quilt you clever girl!
And i hear you about the *wall*. I too have been at ww lifemember goal but am a couple over and i would prefer to be a couple under it! lol :) i'm sure we'll both get there this year!
Thinking of you and sending bucket loads of love!
Lus x

maria said...

What a great idea (the gifts of the spirit idea and the usage of it)! Thank you for sharing what you've done so far, it's *lovely*.

I'm really curious now about what it'll look like when you're finished.

Now my next request is a pic of your gym 'Avon Daisy Bag', it sounds cute.. but you can email me that privately if you like ;-D

Shar said...

Thanks for sharing Gail - you really have a lot of creative flair! I love it!