Monday, 7 January 2008

Ducks are a sitting.

This is Coco allowing some air flow to the eggs. She shares the nest with her sister Treacle, and between them they have about 18 eggs. The father of them and the eggs is called Spice and he is a Kahki Cambell. Coco and Treacle's mum is a Kahki cross Peking, and as there was two mums on that nest, their mum is either Sherry or Brandy [yep got them at Christmas time]. See a theme with the names here?? Already some foodie names are being tossed around for the next generation of ducklings. Oh, and Coco did have four brothers, but they were given away to a property owner wanting ducks for their creek. We are hoping that the ratio of ducks to drakes will be better this time.

1 comment:

maria said...

That's a beautiful picture you've posted there.. I love it that you've chosen foodie names too! Oh the choices for the next generation! Have fun!

Now.. I wanted to thank you for recommending the movie P.S. I Love You. I received 10 movie tickets for Christmas from one of my sisters and tonight I decided to go and see P.S. I Love You with my girl because of your recommendation. I was hesitant before, but I'm *so* glad I went.

**I LOVED THE MOVIE**!! I laughed, I cried.. I laughed 'til I cried (probably bottled-up emotions as I watched). It was definitely a lot better than I thought it would be. I'm going to recommend the movie to my sisters. The sister who gave me the tickets would especially love it I think.

It's been a movie-intense week or so having seen Enchanted and then P.S. I Love You. Tomorrow my girl is going to see Alvin and the Chipmunks with her Dad and hubby and I will go to see 'Atonement' while Jenna is away for a few hours.

I hope you enjoyed your evening walk. :-) xox