Thursday, 1 January 2009

New Year

I spent last night with my husband and two of my kids, a quiet night at home. No one was hungry due to having a very late lunch, so we had nachos and a platter of 'bits' for supper, missing dinner altogether.

The kids watched the full monty on tv, while Mal napped and I read, then we all watched the Sydney '5million dollar' firework display. Did I mention they cost alot of money? cause Rhiannon dis quite often throughout the viewing, I think it is a sore spot with her, that so much money can go to entertainment as opposed to [in her view] more worthy causes. We just listened, pleased that she is passionate about the 'other' things in life, while we still enjoyed the beautiful patterns of the fireworks.lol

Today is one of those 'nothing' kinda days. We got up late, potted around not doing much and now are relaxing at various activities. For Mal and Rhiannon that means going off on a two hour bike ride, for James that means internet chess and saxophone practise and for me, reading a good book and occassionally checking emails.

Later we need to go into town to collect Jess from her arvo shift at Coles, hence we have sent out an open invite to some friends to join us at a local park for a picnic dinner. I have made some vego pastry rolls and a basic quiche to take with us, and I'll grab a mud cake from the freezer. Simple but a break from usual routine.

Anyway that's enough time on here, now back to that book....

1 comment:

maria said...

Thanks for sharing your New Years Eve and January 1st Gail. I do hope that you get some friends dropping in for picnic-time with you. So do you have a stash of mudcakes in the freezer? Supermarket one's or homemade?

Reading time is great.. hope you were able to make progress with your book/s.

Well.. I'm about to shower, change.. and we'll head over to Paul's to watch the remaining DVD and have some chicken breast on the BBQ and vegies.

Curious about what the weather is like where you are today?