The first book I have read these holidays is called 'The Shack'. A friend had given me a brief outline of it several months back, and then just before Christmas, I stumbled upon it in Target, so grabbed the one copy they had of it. For some reason, it's the first one I have chosen to read this summer. I say for some reason, cause I actually have a number of half read books beside my bed and lounge chair. it took a mere 24 hours to have it read, and once finished, I think that maybe it was just the book I needed to read first. Here's the link to the web page about it. It really is one of those books that leaves an impression.
http://theshackbook.com/index.html
I am also enjoying reading Proverbs in the bible. So many pearls of wisdom and so many modern day expressions have been derived from them.
Next to be read is a wee little book that I was lent today called, The Lamb and the Further...Jesus Talks with Hitler, another fiction book, but apparently will also leave an impression, so I'm keen to delve in.
Movies..well it hasn't been entirely about reading. The kids gave me the DVD of P.S. I Love You, and what can I say, I've watched it twice already and it's just as good as when I saw it at the movies with Mal. Lots of laugh and tears packed into one great movie.



2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your reading.. I'll have to look that link up.
I remember how you enjoyed P.S. I love you.. so now you have it on DVD! Cool! I saw it at the movies after you did..and have since hired it once or twice?
Love the new blog banner.. was that all before you were baptised?
Hello mate! Love your new blog banner :) Just beautiful!
Sending my love to you :)
God bless,
Lus x
Post a Comment