Monday, 19 January 2009

Weeks are passing

I have just finished the Townsend book on Loving, lots of good info, but as I gobbled it up, as I do most books, it will be back on the list to re-read. I've also been catching up on my bible reading plan, but as usual keep getting sidetracked, so Genisis is being delayed as I read Joshua [the story of Rahab] and Esther. I have been pointed to Esther a couple of times of late, so obviously need to visit it. Mind you, today several reffering verses were in Genisis, so it looks like I really need to bite the bullet and get back into the plan. Ummm, never enough time to read at leisure!

I had a fantastic night's sleep. Praise God. it allowed me to feel refreshed as I finally got up at NINE O'ClOCK!!! I never sleep that late! I then was able to see my Chiropractor today, so all is good for less pain.

The general household is a tad restless today. Some due to homework needing completion, some due to feeling unsettled, some due to back pain, and others probably due to lack of sleep. Our overnight guest has now been returned home, and hopefully everyone will get the benefit of a good night's sleep tonight. Mal has already had a head start with dozing in front of the telly, but then again, he was up and at work at 5.30 while the rest of us were still slumbering.

it's been another hot day, 37oc, which also seems to cause unsettleness. The air con is still on, as it hasn't cooled down much as yet. Tomorrow is due to be the same but with expected storms, so maybe after that we will get some relirf from the heat.

1 comment:

maria said...

This was a lovely, newsy post!! :)

Being the beginning of the year, my Bible reading plan is in Genesis too. I was able to give Paul some scripture to "back-up" how/why I can repeat myself sometimes or say the same thing in different ways.. LOL.. I was like "Look.. God does it here in Genesis"... "Look, Jacob did it too.." LOL! Paul just likes facts and "to the point" and that's it :-/ We laugh about how we differ.. and yet.. strangely when he talks about stuff.. he goes into so much detail it's not funny ((rolls eyes)).. lol!!

But I digress.

Do you have a study bible with commentary at all? I bought one for $50 with a voucher I was blessed with nearly 2 years ago and I love it. It opens my eyes and helps me comprehend things a bit more. Though having said that, all glory to God because it was obviously he that organised that voucher and then placed that big bible in front of me not to miss.. and I was led to get it even though I wasn't shopping for one.

I will be looking to you for inspiration as you work outside of the home aswell as inside the home and you have a husband and teens in your home. And you're a Christian and you still blog etc. So I continue to commit to prayer that I achieve a Godly 'balance' in my life. Both Paul and I are seeking this for similar and different reasons. But ultimately to honour him and walk in his ways.. so we stay on track..and not stray!