I have changed my home weigh in day to Saturday, and today I weighed in to discover a 0.2kg gain. I'm not too concerned as it sort of reflects my week quite well and I needed a gain to stop the assumption that this weight is just going to 'fall off' without effort. So today I am going to stop being so slack and actually write down my point intake rather than doing head calculations, and I am also going to do those daily walks instead of skipping a few. So I'm now 79.4kg and I'm aiming to get back to my comfortable healthy weight of 75kg. For those who are into the goal weight thing, I'm 171cm tall, so 75 is at the top end of my range but sits really well for me. At 72kg I was starting to look really 'drawn' in the face.
I've also splurged on some L'Oreal products that were going out cheap in Target last night. I had already started using one of their creams that was on special the other week, and now have splurged a bit further. This is no way i attempt to look extemely youthful, or to become vain, but I am very aware that I have some deep frown lines, which often make me appear grumpy when I'm not. So I have the aim of softening those lines, so that a truer reflection of my feelings can be shown.



1 comment:
Oh I hear you!
My mouth naturally turns down.. so all my life.. even as a child, people would say "What's wrong?" "Why are you so serious". It was quite traumatising actually when I was young having that asked of me constantly.
I noticed yesterday that I had these lines above my top lip that my lippy was 'bleeding' into.. and I could hardly believe their prominence.
I then remembered the last time I lost a big amount of weight.. One of my sisters told me my facial 'lines' were much more prominent.. Not as much fat to plump them out! I haven't lost anywhere near that amount of weight yet..but I can tell that the lines are becoming more visible. What can one do? Just do what you're doing I guess.. keep the skin moisturised and wear sunscreen. My next foundation will have an SPF factor.. I spotted a new Maybelline one in a magazine.
I've picked up super bargains from Target before too.. It's great to grab those, you did well!
In my WW materials it shows the healthy weight range for someone of 171cm to be 58 to 73kgs.
But the way the program is now, if you can have a doctors certificate saying it's ok to be eg. 75 or 77 even, then WW will happily reset your goal to that and you can still officially reach goal, lifetime and get the awards etc. The lightest weights always shock me, I mean can you imagine being 58kg? Your family would probably have an intervention with you.. lol!
I'm 163cm and my healthy weight range is 53kg to 66kg. Paul is gobsmacked by the number 66 thinking it would be way too skinny. He thinks 75 would be a great number. I see people my height in weight-loss magazines at 60kg and 57kg and they look fantastic. I have no idea what my 'comfortable' weight will be. I can remember being around 71 to 73 kg in my 20's (after I lost a lot of weight) and I still felt 'pudgey' and my size 10 friends looked lean and beautiful in my eyes and I still had ways to go... well that's how I felt back then.
Being in my 40's..as I will be after March.. who knows what I will get down to? My sisters who are slightly taller than me.. like being around 69 to 70kg and feel terrible at anything over 73kg now. They to used to be over 100kg.
Good on you for 'splurging' and all the best as you do those daily walks. I'm getting back to those too myself. When I started doing more intense beach workouts.. I dropped some of the local walks but that also co-incided with being a bit unwell. Now I'm getting back into local walking too. I lost weight because I walked every day pretty much, sometimes I'd fit in a 2nd walk even. You can't underestimate the value of daily walks.. so go for it!! You're so close to goal now!! :)
Post a Comment