In the lead up to Christmas, Mal had spent most of his spare time sorting out and completing the new garage. He has now built, lined, shelved and painted a walk in cupboard. This will store all our camping gear and all those other items that generally take up space in the laundry or garage. One saturday morning, while Mal was at work, I wandered out to put something away in the teen space, and while there began to do a final clean up of the garage area. It was one of those spontaneous things that we do. Still in P.J.'s, once I started, I just kept going. The kids were all inside and to my knowledge still in bed, or at the most, just getting up. It didn't take long to clear the decks, not that all found a home, but at least the floor could now be seen and a clear track to the toilet made, so that any visitors wouldn't have to navigate around things.
One of the 'things' that was in the way was Mal's wood lathe, so I moved it also, it was an akward shape and I soon realised, quite heavy, but it didn't need to move far, and basically I could just manouver it around. Yeah, famous last words. That manouvre, presented itself as a niggling back pain within a couple of days. I couldn't get into the chiro before Christmas and before my January appointment came round, it seemed to be improving. So I had the usual Chiro visit.
However the pain has returned today in a big way. I generally don't take pain relief, but today I couldn't get hold of the tablets soon enough.
So tomorrow I will try to make another chiro appointment and until then put up with the frustration of being limited in movement.
i'm noting this, so that I won't forget it next time I think of doing such a stupid thing!



2 comments:
Hi, I just caught up on your blog. So, I loved the 'vanity' story. I have a very deep frown line between my eyes and my grandson asked me the other day, "What happened to your head"?! I look in the rear-view mirror and ask, "What are you talking about?" He points and says, "there." He was talking about the frown line. While it is not there from frowning, it is there from squinting from sunlight and family genetics I had to laugh and promptly ran to my bathroom and grabbed the "miracle in a jar" creme that makes your lines go away.
I really liked that you wanted to use something to soften the look of a frown so that others wouldn't misunderstand. That is amazing. It reminds me that we do these things to show God's love to others and we want to be approachable so that others will see the love of Christ.
Blessings to you and yours
I could soooo relate to starting a job while still in PJ's.. and (for me).. next thing you know.. hours have passed.. but plenty of progress made. Sometimes it's the only way to go because otherwise just the 'distraction' of getting dressed will mean something doesn't get done. But it's in my nightie that I fear a knock on the door.. that unexpected door bell ring.. uggh, lol!
I do hope your back is a bit better?! You need it!! So you/we must look after our backs.. but sometimes these things are unavoidable. At least you have a 'heads-up' now about what not to do in the future! :) *Get Well*
Post a Comment