Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Bracelets


The Bible, Joshua chapter two, the story of Rahab.
She was a sin-filled woman with a controversial story,
hand-picked to be part of His lineage, redeemed by faith.
The scarlet bracelet is a visual reminder of the power of redemption.
The ‘Trust’ bead is a reminder of our faith.
To be worn on the right wrist to distinguish from other beliefs.
I was inspired by Angie Smith's blog site to make a scarlet cord bracelet, but alas, I had neither cord or bead to make one. That was a few months ago and I encourage you to read her post about it on her blog, 'Bring the rain' [on my sidebar].
However on the weekend, I saw these 'faith' beads that came in a pkt of ten. So I purchased them and some red cord, to make my own and a few extra. The blurb above, is a much shorter version of Angie's inspirational post, but hopefully gives enough info to encourage you to go ahead and read Joshua Chapter 2.

1 comment:

maria said...

My immediate thoughts were "What's Gail doing with a Kabbalah bracelet?"!!

I'm just aware of the red-woollen strings around certain celebrities wrists.. Demi Moore, Madonna etc because of their 'Kabbalah' beliefs. But I hear (from what you've written) that those bracelets must be worn on the left wrist? I couldn't find any reference to a scarlet bracelet on Angie's blog and I scrolled down two, long webpages. Must have missed it somehow.

I take it this bracelet is more of a personal 'visual' reminder for the individual, rather than a public declaration?