Monday, 12 January 2009

January Holidays

It seems like ages since I've blogged, but there hasn't really been much that I've wanted to share. I find these holidays a bit draining, as with the weather being hot, I'm not to inspired to do anything too laborous, hence I tend to spend alot of time potting around. Potting seems to feel very non productive, but in reality, I have been catching up on my bible reading, as well as reading other books. I've also re-vamped my photo albums, and I have also done a few of the much needed cleaning/sorting jobs around the house. Of course there is alot more that needs to be done and I know that as soon as I go back to work, I'll be saying to myself 'why didn't I get that done when I had time to do it?', but the simple fact is that it's too hot to be enthused. The other task I have been doing, which I do enjoy, is catching up with friends. When the school term is on, I have no time to put aside to do visiting, especially as the girls have part time weekend jobs and I am their taxi service. So to be able to set aside a day to go and visit a friend is a bit of a luxury.
So tomorrow I am off to Rutherglen, and on Wednesday I hope to go visiting in Yackandandah. I also would like to go to the movies with Mal this week. The new Will Smith Movie looks interesting and we have free tickets from Christmas. Oh and tomorrow night we have an informal picnic to go to, which will be another good social catch up.
The girls are off to Melbourne early in the morning for a few days. We had given them money for Christmas to be used on a stage show, so they are going to see Wicked and have a few days with family. Mind you that means an extra early wake up call for me as I need to taxi them to the station. Yuck!
Kids just seen the weather forecast for Melbourne and can't believe how hot it's going to be. It's also going to be extra hot here.
On a more sober note, while out on a picnic yesterday at the murray river, the call went up for a missing young lad. He is still missing, after 24hours of search and rescue, so now it is a body that they aim to recover. For those that pray, please have his ffamily and local community in your prayers as they come to terms with the loss of one so young [16yrs].
Well smmells like dinner is ready. Fried Rice tonight. I'm back on to the weight watchers point plan and so far have been really happy with the results. Just 4kg to go until I'm back at goal weight, and I'm hoping to achieve that by the end of February.

1 comment:

maria said...

I've been happy with our weather (low 20's to mid 20's..) but can't stand the thought of 2 x 38 degree days in a row which is the prediction.. Mega YUKKKK!!! Ergh!!

Paul and I saw 'Seven Pounds' on Saturday night.. we had a wonderful day.. beach, dinner..then movies. We liked the movie.. probably Paul moreso than me. It was 'original' anyway.

Well done with your weight loss progress so far!