What a wonderful weekend full of worship and fellowship, just what my soul needed, spiritual nourishment.
On Saturday I heard the chairman of the Australian Prayer Network speak, and it was a gem of a day. He and another speaker were able to give straight forward talk about a whole range of issues, from sharing the Gospel tothe power of prayer.
One of the main messages I came away with was...
Get involved with people, not with the Gospel on your tongue but with it in your heart, and if God is working there,with the people you are with, then you will be ready to work with Him.
Saturday evening was the annual dinner hosted by our small local church. It was a lovely evening, both for food and fellowship. Mal's cousin shared his recent trip to the Phillipines via power point.
Sunday morning our church was abuzz with vibes as lots of people seemed to have had a good week. The children's segment featured my favourite Max Lucado book, and the preparation for communion was really powerful for me. We sang 'I surrender all' and 'Place your trust in Jesus' [may not be the real titles, but they're the main lines]. This past week I had been taught to surrender all to the Lord and to place my trust in Him, and in return He had shown me His love.
Sunday evening we attended the local church. It was a contrast to the morning service, but we enjoyed the fellowship that followed.
Today was a normal hectic Monday, but I carried with me the wonderful Love of our Lord and that made it a fantastic day.



1 comment:
Hello lovely one!
I've been not doing a lot of blog surfing lately and just been missing reading your posts and touching base. Your refelections on church and fellowship really touched my heart tonight. Thanks for that Gail! And I love your choice of music here and the verses you share! (and loved seeing some of my chipboard on your pages - that's a little exciting!!!)
well love to you and God's richest most wonderful blessings be yours through Christ Gail!
Love Lusi x
Post a Comment