Friday, 29 August 2008

It's Friday


And I said I had so much news to say on Monday! How the week has flown.

Last Sunday we had a commissioning service for the family going to Thailand. The Lord has answered their prayers as they now have their visas and will fly out tomorrow night.

On Monday night Mal and I had dinner with the couple and I am so glad that we did. I have felt a connection to this family since I joined the church family, but I hadn't particularly got to know them on a personal level. So Monday night allowed us to know them a bit more before they move away.

My work place is now starting the process of re shuffling and reducing hours of integration staff. It's an uneasy time and very emotional. We are all professionals and totally dedicated to what we do, but working one on one with a child over a period of time does create connections with not only that child, but his/her family as well, so it does cause a range of emotions when your position is uncertain.

However today I am not at work, I have other matters to attend to. Though I will have a tiny bit of 'ME' time this morning and that will be nice.

No comments: