
This is where I was the other night chasing cows and checking the new fence line. Mal [pictured above] spends quite a lot of his after hours time, helping out with the farm. There is much fencing to be done as well as tussock control, and of course the management of the cattle. Mal's Dad passed away just after we were married [sudden heart attack], and his mum has solely managed the farm since. However she is now 83yrs old and has had a few health challenges in recent years. Not that you'd know it though as she still rides the four wheeler motor bike to manage the stock, and still bucket rears the orphaned calves. I'm not a farm girl by any measure, but Mal loves it when I get up there and lend a hand, and to be honest, I love the open landscape and fresh air. It's just the calf marking, and some of the harsh realities that I tend to shy away from. Thankfully a couple of our kids love to pitch in then and get into it.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing this. Looks like a lovely bit of land too.
Post a Comment