Which I call on time and time again....
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and rest not on your own understandings;
in all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3: 5-7
Last night I attended a farewell supper for the young family that are leaving for Thailand. Their visas and health clearances came through this week, all at the last minute, but in enough time to book flights for tonight. So they fly out of Australia at 11.30pm our time. of course even at the last minute, things can go wrong and last night during the gathering, while the kids were playing around, their eldest son knocked his tooth on 'something' and he now has half of his front adult tooth missing. It has broken on an angle as they often do. So just to add to their already busy day, they will be seeking a dentisit this morning that may be able to assist. It only makes us turn to the Lord more with our trust.



2 comments:
I'm glad you got to have dinner with the couple before they left. I hope the boy had his tooth dealt with too.
0ver the weekend I lost my mobile phone and then I had smoke pouring from my bonnet (which ended up being steam.. a hose has a hole in it). It's still like that.
Anyway.. to have those things happen with 24hrs..and considering how I'm going through the stretching pain of discipline, ordinarily I might have fallen in a heap (I had visitors coming too).. and I'd been to Jenna's school the day before regarding Paul not paying the fee's anymore.. (faced with pulling her out..or hefty fee's)..same day was meeting with Paul and the Pastor.
Those things would have been the straw that broke the camels back. But I barely flinched. I knew the Lord would take care of it all..and not leave my side. I have my phone back.. and the car will be fixed on Monday. It'll be hard to pay for it, but it could have been worse.
The Lord keeps showing me each day that I can trust him. Each day he shows me he's taking care of me..and even that Paul's heart is softening.
The Lord's glory will be seen.
I meant..the car will be fixed Thursday.
Post a Comment