Saturday, 23 August 2008

Socialising

I really enjoyed scrapping with a couple of new aquaintances last night. it's something I really should do more often.
I also caught up with Karen for her birthday [actually ended up gardening with her, which was really cool]. Just being in that lass's precence grounds me. I thank the Lord for her friendship and strength. I must share that with her one day. I have a bad habit of not telling people how I feel and that's ok, but I'm probably not the best at showing it either.
Today I have a gathering with my church community as O.M.F. [missions] are going to talk to us about being a sending church. Our church currently has one young family in Thailand, another being commissioned tomorrow and then a third family now being called. As our chuch only comproses of about 100 people and half of that being children, it's just huge. It's wonderful to see the Lord working within our church and that the people within our church willing to work with Him. I'm not only thinking of the mission work here, but also the other ministries.
When I was searching for Christ, I would loathe to go to church. In all honesty, I would go as a duty. To attend tht one hour a week seemed to be my 'fix all' for the week, but now, I eagerly look forward to being with my church family and to worship. Our services including fellowship, take up most of the morning, but it doesn't stop there. My Lord is with me every hour of every day. I am no longer a bench warmer, a spectator. Now I am in a relationship with God and have Christ with me always. I so wish I could introduce other bench warmers to the real LIVING Christ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I couldn't agree more