Yesterday was wonderful. Lara and her young family joined us for morning tea, my sister and her family joined us for afternoon tea, and in the late afternoon I visited a neighbour and her family. Considering it was to be a 'quiet' day, it turned out to be very social and enjoyable.
It was probably the calmness before the storm, as today I have a growing list of 'have to dos'.
Currently we have a not so well duck in our dining room. She is still eating and drinking, but very heavy in the rear end, hence not waddling so well. I am assuming she may be egg bound. So after reading the internet, I decided to give her a bath [she hadn't been in water for days, so loved that], and then I've had her inside over night. The theory beig that by keeping warm she may be able to dispell the egg. [If that is indeed what the problem is]. Thankfully her sleep over has been a peaceful one, but there is of yet no evidence of any egg. Which then prompts the dilemma of every parent, do we wait to see what happens, take her to the vet, or euthinase? The later seems a bit premature, the vet expensive, so I guess it will the first option we'll take for now.



1 comment:
Sometimes our unplanned days can end up surprisingly lovely.. especially when people we like cross our paths! Glad you had a nice day. You're so good to your animals.. I do feel for your duck though. I hope she gets better very soon - I'd hate to think she was suffering.. as I know you would too. Keep us updated with her progress.
Re: the words at the top of your blog. I still think it's important to have a vision of the future..and yes, think about the future. It's something our Pastor encourages hubby and I to do, especially when it comes to thinking of our future together and what we see God doing in our lives.
I know the words up there are probably more about balance and how it isn't good to just either live in the past or the future.. while ignoring the present. I guess looking at our future in the healthiest way boils down to asking ourselves, where do we want to be..and then finding out what we need to do now to help us get there. So.. our attention is brought back to the present. Sorry if I've waffled on here.. ! I was thinking out aloud I guess. :-)
Post a Comment