Wednesday, 5 November 2008

I'm excited




When the kids were very small and we were in the process of renovating the house, we decided that a baulister would be good. It would prevent the babes from falling down the step. However as Mal planned to wood turn it himself, as it was a hobby of his but his time was always caught up else where, it was a task that sunk so far down the 'to do' list, that it never happened. However, we are now full steam ahead in getting some jobs completed, and as the builder was coming anyway to see about the shower base, Mal asked if he could construct the baulister from pre purchased wood. So this morning, the builder arrived and surprised me with the news that today was the day that I would have a baulister!

So this is what I saw when I got home tonight.
Now the question is, what colour and paint will we chose. I want it to blend in with all the other wood around the place, but I want it to be easy clean unilke the stained wood that we currently have. Such a small problem really considering the huge gain. I myself actually slipped off the step earlier in the year and landed on the slate step which was just a tad painful in more places than one.lol







1 comment:

maria said...

I was initially going to say friends of mine had two steps into their sunken lounge at different corners of the room too.. and their litte girl successfully navigated them.. However they had lovely soft carpeting to. So I can see why the baulister is a great idea here with the hard surfaces. Looks great!! Will you do anything in the 'step' area.. cos as you said, even you've taken a tumble. I'd worry about the hard surface.. the corners too. No doubt you've all thought it through.