Monday, 3 November 2008

Decission made

I have spent the past week chewing over a decission.

I have gone through all the motions of following through taking a forward move, but there was always an element of doubt and hesitation.

Well tonight I have finally came to the conclusion that this is not the time to move forward on this particular matter.

Just because I can convince myself that I 'should' do it, doesn't mean that it is the right thing for me to do.

So tonight I have let my mind step back from the emotion of wanting all the positives, and I've taken a clearer look at the whole picture. The reality is that I will have ample changes next year, without taking on any more. The reality is that with all of the definite changes, there will be added stress and I really don't need to escalate that. The reality is that our economic needs are going to increase, not decrease, so some things need to remain the same.

It does not mean that I couldn't meet the challenge if I had to, but it means that just because something is permissible, doesn't make it beneficial [where have I heard that before?lol].

So for now, I am going to let my mind rest in the knowledge that I am going to keep somethings just as they are for next year, and if the timing becomes right in the future, then, maybe then, I will consider changing.

1 comment:

maria said...

It's remiss of me not to have emailed you privately about this..because I have felt like encouraging you. I feel it was the right decision and I commend you on making it because it wouldn't have been easy.

Good choice, it all makes sense. I hope you have complete peace about it.