This is me at work last week. I had been taking candid shots of the kids working ready for them to add to their end of year digital photo story, and then bravely gave the camera to one of the kids to have a turn. Of course he turned it on me.lol
This is generally what I wear to work, complete with runners, so that I am both comfortable and able to move easily and quickly if necessary. I try to be sun smart, as an example to the kids, hence no sleeveless tops. I must admit, it's a bit of a daggy look, but I work in integration and that means I often sit/lay on the floor, I chase kids at a moments notice, and I climb into some unusual locations for whatever needs retrieving/fixing. So I find practicallity allows me flexibility in my role.
Besides that, I loathe clothes shopping. I tried again today to find some of those really cute trendy outfits that everyone seems to be wearing. However I have a rather generous bussom, which means any gathering under the bust makes me appear pregnant...not a look that I am eager to have.
Then of course if I try skirts or dresses, I then have to consider shoe options. I am a size 10 shoe and wear orthotics, hence nothing cute and flimsy is suitable. Hence why I wear runners until it is too unbearable hot to do so. it's not that I don't enjoy getting dressed up, I just want to be able to breathe and move with ease, without worrying about gapping, and pained knees.
Work aside, I now have several social occassions coming up, where runners and 'daggy' won't be appropiate, hence I need to continue my search for appropiate clothing. Today I came home with a bar fridge, great bargain, but not wearable!



1 comment:
I think it's cool that you posted this photo! We get another 'glimpse' into your world. I think having a job that requires comfy clothes would be great actually. One of the things I didn't like about admin/office work was coming up with nice outfits..and wearing uncomfortable clothes and shoes all day. I too have generous boobs and I see the smock-style tops and dresses that some thinner, small-boobed ladies wear .. that I know I couldn't get away with. I don't wear anything sleeveless outside my home because of vanity actually..not liking my chunky, lily white upper arms! That's one thing I'm looking forward to, slimming down.. is smaller upperarms!
Good one on the fridge! I think I'll be taking a peek into 'Millers' today to see if I can pick up a few summery tops or something, I'm severely lacking in clothes.. and especially now some warmer weather has descended upon us - I feel a bit desperate!
I wish you all the best finding something for you.
P.S. I used to sell regularly on eBay and if ever I had a pair of size 10 ladies shoes, they would be quite popular and I'd always get a good price. It seems there are ladies out there in your size who are keen for more footwear. I'm a size 9, but some shoes I buy are a 10.. though not many - it all depends of course on the maker.
Post a Comment