This is the layout I did for the second challenge of Saturday's cyber crop. I had the idea of scrapping a shopping docket ages ago as I thought it would be a good item to look back on in years to come. However it was saturday's challenge to do a page including a list, that inspired me to finally put this one together. The background list is the one I print out each week as a master, and then I highlight what is needed for the week.
I called my L.O. "Grocery Shopping is a Challenge" as when shopping I consider added preservatives and additives. Then half the family is Veggo, and any meat we do buy is only ever from a butcher. We also try to buy fruit and veg from the market retailer rather than supermarkets, and we also buy a lot of products from the health store. So long gone are the days when a simple trip to the supermarket was made to get the best buys to fill our tums. I guess I'm a more educated shopper these days, but it all takes time and careful planning to make the purchases.



3 comments:
what a great idea having a master shopping list and then highliting the stuff u need. ^^
This is a great idea. You know what my family and I do with shopping dockets? We pick up big, long one's .. lying stray in an abandoned trolley.. or from the docket bin.. and we play games with them in the car on the way home. I will read the items out and whoever is in the car will have to make an assumption about the family or couple or single person who purchased the stuff. Since hubby and I are separated at the moment..we haven't played in a while.. but my girl and I do it still. Sometimes you can assume a lot from what someone buys! Lots of cordial, nappies, roll-up's, 48 pack of sliced cheese.. one assumes a family with kids for example. Sometimes I'll say "I can't believe they spent $18 on potato salad". I really enjoy it!
OMG! You are so organised. I would LOVE to be that organised! That makes so much sense too.
The game sounds fun Maria.
The photo in your latest post is absolutely amazing.
Post a Comment