I often stumble upon quotes that hit a chord with me. Here's two that I have just noticed while reading other sites and they 'hit the spot' so to speak.
Good friends are the rare jewels of life...difficult to find and impossible to replace.
I have a couple of ladies in my life at present that I met randomly a year or so back and they have become real jewels in my life. I found them in completely different settings and yet together, without even knowing each other, they have guided me on the same path.
Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you. Accept instruction from his mouth and lay up his words in your heart.
Job 22 : 21-22
In Gloria Jeans over a skinny caramel latte, I decided to invite God back into my life. No fireworks, no lightening, just a personal conversation with Him.



5 comments:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome home!
It's interesting how different 'things', seem to come to you at times when they are most needed or asked for in one way or another. At a point in time when I seem to be contemplating my own spiritual belief I seem to be 'tuning' into commentary from various sources - your post being another example. The same is happening for you too it seems. Thanks for sharing!
You, lovely lady inspire ME to do better. Your words uplift me and remind ME of who I am in Christ. You sharing what you have on your blog is *awesome*. Ditto and Amen to Sandie's comment!! :-D pm to follow...
Hello Gail. I don't think we've met, I'm just a friend of Sandie's. My wife and I are off to a wedding today (Sat) that I hope you'll be at. I'll be looking. It's great to see that you have come back to God. Thanks to Sandie I've been praying for you these last weeks. Welcome home :-) Dave
I know what you mean re who to give the Christmas 'give twice' card to. I gave them to members of the family who don't normally give me gifts, but who I didn't want to single out. Last year my brother was a good example. He has separated and didn't bother to go out and buy Christmas pressies for family - my sister in law had always done that. I didn't want to not give him something, but then am a bit over his 'bah humbug' attitude. It was great, no embarrasing moment. Also a good one for teachers and other special people that you don't want to spend a lot on, and yet don't want to give yet another box of chocolates to. I think my chicken card was $10. I also buy the oxfam/unicef gifts for those who I feel I have to buy for but don't know well - work 'secret santa'.
Post a Comment