Sunday, 29 June 2008

Significant to me

I took these photos on the way home from a lunch date with my husband. They are of the jewellery that I was wearing that day. Each piece is significant to me.
This is my wedding ring. I have constantly worn it for 20 years. It is a daily reminder of my marriage vows and of the man I love.


This is my watch which my parents gave me for my 21st birthday, which means that I have been wearing it almost daily for the past 22 years. I love the fact that it is both silver and gold as it goes with everything. Although I have occassionally had a brown band on it, I much prefer the black.


This silver braclet was given to me as a gift from the parents of a child that I used to work with. I had worked with the child from kinder, right through to the end of grade six. It was a very special time for me.
These three angels I wear on my black winter jacket. The one on the left, I think cmae from my sister, the middle one from a school fundraiser and the one on the right from my children.


This gold heart was a gift from my friend Michelle, I think for my 21st birthday. The gold chain I bought myself on behalf of my husband for a more recent birthday.

I don't know the monetary value of any of these pieces, but the sentimental value is huge.

1 comment:

maria said...

I think it's amazing that you've held onto some of these pieces for so long (ie. they've not been lost or damaged). This was an interesting post to look at/read.. thanks so much for sharing these lovely pieces of jewellery/accessories and the special sentiment behind each one.