
This was the view outside the front of my house when I awoke yesterday morning. How stunning!
Being a public holiday and the girls not having to work, we decided on a family day out. We haven't had a whole family outing in yonks. So we headed off to the King Valley which is known as Victoria's gourmet region. Our first stop was at Brown Brother's wines, where Jess and I sampled some favourites. They had a great band playing under a marque, so James and Rhiannon enjoyed a hot chocolate there.
Then we went on to Millawa Mustard factory. There they had not only mustard, but other preserves and chutneys, olive oils and spices.
After a fun time sampling we moved on up the road to the cheese factory, which also happened to house the chocolate factory. There we sampled truffles and chilli chocolate. Then on to the cheese and I sampled the camembert and goats cheese. Mal purchased a couple of the cheeses, and I grabbed a Dukkah to have with good oil and bread.
We then drove on towards Whitfield to attend the art show. My friend Lara had four entries in it. It was a good cultural event for the whole family. We then had our packed picnic at a park in Whitfield, as the rain had cleared, followed by cuppas at the local cafe.
We finally got home about four [after Mal had a failed attempt at a scenic route -why do guys always have to do that??] At least I achieved a fair amount of knitting in the car.lol
It really was a good day out with everyone relaxed and enjoying each others company.

The kids enjoyed the tastings at the Millawa Mustard Factory

Mal and I enjoyed a cuppa at the Whitfield local cafe. [The kids sat at a different table so we could pretend to be having some quiet time.lol]

My lovable louts. Honestly, only a mother /wife could love 'em!



1 comment:
That was much fun for me to read!
I love doing things like this.. though usually I'm not cashed-up enough to get everything I want! Probably because I want so much.. lol!
I'm glad you had this time with the family :-)
What are you knitting at the moment?
Post a Comment