

Last night I attended the 25th class reunion for Catholic College. I attended the college between 1978 and 1981, and then moved on to the high school.
This class have had two previous reunions, one at 1oyrs and the other at 20yrs. I wasn't ready to meet up with them at the first and unfortunately was too ill to attend the second, so last night was the first time I had seen many of the past students, and teachers.
This class have had two previous reunions, one at 1oyrs and the other at 20yrs. I wasn't ready to meet up with them at the first and unfortunately was too ill to attend the second, so last night was the first time I had seen many of the past students, and teachers.
I thought with 25 years behind us, we would be socially different, but the group dynamics had changed margainly. Personalities were much the same, with a few variables. I still felt like a fish out of water with most, but the few genuine conversations I had were meaningful.
I especially appreciated Angie being so beautifully welcoming, and getting me up on the dance floor. I have always loved to dance and felt like I was 'back in the water'.lol
My dear school friend Josie, whom I rarely see these days with each of us being caught up in our own worlds, was the same beautiful person she's always been. I will endeavour to have a decent catch up with her soon. Last night the noise was too loud for lots of meaningful conversations, so most catch ups were of the hello give me your stats variety.
There are plans to have another reunion in 5 years, but presently, I feel satisfied that I have caught up and moved on.



1 comment:
Thank you for sharing your night. Dancer hey? :) Glad you got up and danced!
I like the pics of your town slideshow :)
I went to a 10th school reunion in 1996 --only because I was begged and was pleaded to attend by one particular "friend" who didn't want to go alone.
I can't remember if I told you any of this... but I learned that I'd probably not attend any future reunions. The people I hoped would be there weren't.. the people who were there..had the same high school personality and stuck with their 'clicky' groups. I could go on about the night..but I won't. I'm sure my high school has had more reunions..but I'm untraceable with my change of surname..and I think I prefer it that way.
Post a Comment