Thought I had better update you all on our pets.
Tilly our dalmation has completely recovered from her blood vessel tumour and is back to her active self. She now prefers to be inside for absolutely any reason, and the whole family has seemed to gone soft on her, so she's inside as much as out these days.
Tiffany our goat is looking fantastic with her winter coat almost shed. She almost went bald, but now has grown a new lighter covering. There are however large clumps of 'old' coat at the tops of her rear legs and she objects hugely when I pull at them as she walks past.
Our two younger ducks now have a huge stash of eggs which they are sitting on. It started with one nest and has extended to two. I have no idea of how many they are sitting on, as the ducks start hissing in protest if you dare even look in on them. I'm really hoping that the ratio of ducks to drakes will be better this time.
The budgies are still hovering around their nests in which they have about 10 eggs, but none of the females seem to be spending any time sitting on them, so I'm not too hopeful of any young appearing.
Tonight as I was in the yard I observed a young rosella helping itself to an apple from the tree. The apples are no where near ready, but he chomped away completely comfortable in my presence. Even when the dog strolled past, it merely cocked it's head to look and then resumed munching, cheeky bird!



2 comments:
*Thank you* for this update - it was nice to get the latest!
so good 3 hear Tilly is all well. Thats lovely that she is somewhat more of a sook and wanting to be inside alot. cute <3
Im so glad tiffany the goat is doing well with the heat! However i dont think i'd want to go bald just to keep cool! ;) Our long haired rabbit would get a number 4 at summer as his summer coat was never thin enough.
Post a Comment