
Sometimes it takes a child to state the obvious, and today that was the case when a friend's son simply stated "Mum, you and Gail are best friends".
I've never labelled a friend as a 'best friend' before.
I don't make friends easy and when I do I tend to still be guarded as so many 'friends' have gone from my life, either from 'physically moving' or 'moving on'.
Today's friend is going to be 'physically moving' to another state in a couple of weeks, but I have a feeling that it is going to take more than an interstate move to disolve this friendship.



5 comments:
I think you are 100% right here!!!!!!
It's amazing how people come and go in your life, and the footprints that they can leave. It's just like that -e-mail going around saying that people come into your life for differeing reason. At this stage of my life i am still trying to understand what some of the reason are for my more recent friendship. These friendship seem to full steam into my life and then nothing, cold as ice. Maybe it time that i just leave things as they are and move on. I wish you well on your growing friendship.
I'm sorry that your friend is moving away. But glad that there seems to be a desire and commitment to following through with the friendship regardless of the miles between you :-)
I met a friend via a penpal relationship when I advertised myself in the 'Parents' mag (when my girl was a baby). We're still friends today.. she's in Perth and I've been over to see her once and she's come over here once. It can be done if you *love* one another in the biblical sense of the word love.
I lack people in my life who I can have cuppa's with on a regular basis. It's important to have people in your life you can 'connect' with.. people who 'get' you and people who you like and they like you back!
Thanks for sharing Gail.
I once thought that this was the case for me. I don't let my guard down to let people in, however this person just felt right. This was very short lived. I hope that this friend and her fanily don't move on when they move away. I am still trying to understand what it is that has ended the friendship. It's even harder when kids are involed. It feels like they have found somthing better and therefore I am of no use. I do hope that there is a great deal more in your friendship and it will last.
People come into your life for a reason, and the friend I spoke of arrived in my life at just the right time and as it turns out, I was just the person she needed to meet. In 12 short months, we have shared not only a passionate hobby but three major life experiences. I know that this friendship was made in heaven. It was no chance meeting and we have a long road yet to walk together.
Post a Comment