Tuesday, 9 December 2008

Stepping out

I've often been told I have a good way with words, but that is usually refering to the written word, as for newsletters, resumes, and the like. I also can speak well if on a known topic and to a few select people, like in a job interview, or to a small committee meeting. However speaking to a large audience, or an unknown audience, or on a topic that I feel inadequate in, then I am like a fish out of water.

Well I have been asked to speak to a group of about forty, the topic being my personal view, but in relation to an experience that the audience will be familiar with. I have agreed because I know I need to step out in faith, but in doing so, my mind has started to fill with all my inadequacies. Not anxiety provoking [as yet], but still very frustrating, especially with so much else going on.

So if you pray, please ask our Lord to guide me, and for the Holy Spirit to fill me with wisdom, so that when I speak [on Christmas Eve], I will do so for His glory.

2 comments:

Jenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maria said...

Jenna didn't log out of her account hence why I deleted the comment that I left. You would have received notification that Jenna left a comment!

But to repeat:

Done.. but will pray again Christmas eve..ie. will be thinking of you!! xo