Yep, I know it's not passover, and no I'm not Jewish, but last night at Bible study we had a look at the connection between passover and communion. The wealth of symbolic elements in the passover feast and the fact that this ceremony had taken place for years to become the ultimate lead up to Christ being our slaughtered lamb, to be an everlasting sacrifice for the sins of the world.
Besides the obvious, what really impressed me last night was that my dear friend who was hosting the study, went to the trouble of providing us with a passover meal. Not the actually Jewish traditional one, but a simple one to show the connections. We had it with candlelight and it was beautiful. I thank this friend big time for being so thoughtful and sharing her God given gifts with us.
Although then a late night, Mal and I discussed Christmas tradtions on the way home and as this year is our last 'kid' Christmas [meaning our youngest is now turning 15 hence it's the last year of having a santa sack], it will enable us to create our traditions of an adult Christmas next year.



1 comment:
What a great meeting!
Glad you experienced that time and fellowship (and food!) with friends! :)
Post a Comment