Sunday, 14 December 2008

Matthew 11:28

"Come to me all you who are weary and are heavy burdened and I will give you rest."

I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and trust Him, so today I did just as He asked. I went to Him with my burdens and as promised, He gave me rest. Rest from being anxious, rest from a troubled mind, rest from struggling to understand, rest from trying to achieve too much.

To give you a glimpse of why I was feeling so over whelmed, this is what the week brought....
* evening functions to attend or taxi the kids to, hence many late nights
* a young teen taking their life
* a relative having a kidney transplant
* a friend seperating from her partner

Yet amongst all this, God remains constant, He is just and He is love, and in Him I can trust.

On other news, My daughter and I joined our comunity church in singing a couple of songs on stage at a carol night. It was lots of fun. i would never do a solo, but I have no trouble joining a choir on stage.

Only one week of school to go, and although another busy week, this one will be a bit more leisurely. My nephew is coming to stay a few days and my niece is also coming up to the farm to stay for the week, so the kids will have some good catch up time.
i now know which class I am working in next year, so this week I will be organising some transition with the new teacher and student in my care. This will ensure a smooth beginning to next year. However, I have seen the new class group and I know there will be other challenges ahead, but that's my position. Always challenging, but also very rewarding.

Looking forward to doing my home weigh in tommorow, as my peek at the scales this morning looked very promising!

1 comment:

lusi said...

Hi mate!
Loved reading about your Passover.What a special time and something that we are really looking forward to having again as a family in 09.
So sorry to hear about the teen who took their life recently. That is so hard and sad mate. I am praying for you and was so glad to read you writing about taking our burdens to God - you are spot on there mate! What freedom there is when he takes the load.
I have to call you sometime - let me know when is a good night for even a quick chat.
I think of you often dear Gail and send all my love to you!
Lus x