Sunday, 21 September 2008

We are mobile


Having moved our phone line out of the study to accomodate an extra bedroom, meant that the phone is now in the lounge amongst the general chatter and noise. Not very suitable. So yesterday I purchased a cordless phone. It had been on our wish list for a while as it has been annoying not having a phone out in the teen space, especially when I've been home alone and out there scrapping. So now we have a phone that can be taken anywhere in the house for persoanl calls AND we have a second hand piece out in the shed, so calls can be taken there. But it gets better, we can communicate between handsets, so no more going out to the shed to tell the kids dinner's ready! Little things, hey? lol

2 comments:

maria said...

Oh you won't know yourselves... I went cordless years ago when Jenna was much younger. It only cost me about $60 for one phone but it improved the quality of my 'single motherhood' life so much. I had to plan on that purchase well in advance.

Recently.. as in mid-July --Paul and I shopped around for a new cordless phone set and found what we wanted in Myer. It has two handsets also. We liked that you could use the phones as intercoms and communicate between two rooms...so there was one in the bedroom and one in the loungeroom.

Tiffany said...

id love to get a cordless.. but at the moment with the never-ending housework and dis-organised house im afraid id loose it.. lol..
as a teen we had a cordless and it was awesome! ^^ (altho the only way u could use it as a intercom was if someone was already on the phone.. so much eavesdropping (not just by me) lol)hope u enjoy ur new phones!