Saturday, 6 September 2008

Bargains and more

My niece is having a baby later this year, hence we have been very much in baby mode. Today there was a local baby bazaar and so my daughter and I, after texting my niece, went for a looksie. This is what we came away with. It cost us $80 and was in top condition. It even has the instruction booklet with it and inside it we discovered the original reciept. This pram was bought four years ago for $550! Now that's what I call a bargain. The bag hanging off the handle was from another stall and it was a mere $3, so I was very pleased with that.


Although we had no intention of buying clothes, these gems were going out for 3 items for $2, so we found three that we liked. The one on the left is from Pumkin patch and the other is bonds.
Then the stall holder said we could have these three pairs for $1
Now during the week, my local Freecycle group had this bassinette up for grabs. The velcro tabs are for adding the 'skirt' part, but we actually like it without. [I may take the tabs off.]As it turned out I knew the Freecycler and she also gave us this baby seat.
And also this bath. So more than a bargain.
My school, and also my church are involved in the Samaritains purse, Christmas box appeal. The idea is to fill a shoe box with items that are under certain catagories. For example, something to wear, something to cuddle, something for hygiene etc. Our family are compiling five boxes. Once full we put $7 with each to cover postage and they will be distributed to children overseas. I was so pleased to find the cuddly dogs in the reject shop for a mere $2 each. They are the 'Teddy and Friends' brand and made in Australia. Thankfully they had five left.
And finally, this is one of my latest layouts. I haven't done a mosaic pattern in ages, but having so many fruit photos, it suited perfectly.

The day day has ended on a good note, by us having dinner at friends. it was really good to have an evening out.

No comments: