Thursday, 4 September 2008

Old Dragon

That's a good description of me yesterday cause I got myself into one huge huff!
I had spent some of the morning at work getting my head around the proceedures of making workers in excess [redundant] as that is what's going to happen to some of our team over the next term [and that possibly includes me]. So, still not fully clear but armed with some detail to share, I went to the team meeting. When asked for some clarification, 'management' gave a really complicated response without allowing others to speak, which only confused people more. After the meeting, the 'team' had a chance to talk, but before I could offer the facts to those involved, I was confronted by one member asking whether I would job share or cut back my hours, and when I replied 'no', she became quite agitated and upset. Hence steam began to blow from my nostrils. I, in no uncertain terms began to lay out some cold hard facts and the reality that none of us should be offering to step aside or cut back at this point. Not quite the way I intended, or indeed should have given out information, but I wasn't feeling very charitable at the time.
So by the end of the day, I felt highly wound up over an issue that I was feeling relatively ok about. How did that happen? Why did I allow others to do that to me? I spoke to the Lord about it last night and I have had a restful sleep. I still have those questions to work out, but I think the answer may be that I was already at a vulnerable level of stress from other issues and this just happen to overflow my cup.
So today I will be in damage control mode. I did offer an apology yesterday, but the recipient wasnn't ready to hear it, so I need to try again.

1 comment:

maria said...

Without trying to minimalise anything.. this is life. We will have our uncharitable moments, but God knows our hearts. It's when we are like that all the time that there's a problem. I'd probably have done the same in your shoes. You have just cause to be passionate about your work and hours. You've done the right thing by trying to make things right. I continue to pray for your situation. Have a good day.. lotsa love.