Saturday, 30 June 2007

Christmas


Rather than doing dozens of Christmas pages, to capture each of the family Christmas celebrations, I have chosen to make a Christmas memories Tin. Inside I have cards and on each is a photo and an explanation of a Chrismas tradition. For example I have included...
- Making Christmas puddings
-Boxing day
-Christmas lunch
- Melbourne visits
-Christmas tree
- Letter explaining the Christmas spirit.
The letter is the one we gave each of our children as they turned ten years old. It tells them of the story of St. Nicholas and how the commercial Santa was created. it also explains that now they are ten, they are to share the adult spirit of Christmas, which means that they now need to put something in our stocking, and they need to keep the spirit of Christmas alive for other children. We did this as our nine year old was asking lots of questions as as she was entering into year five at school, we didn't want her to think we were lying, or to have other children break our belief. We are now at an interesting stage, as when our children turn fifteen, they have a small adult Christmas stocking, rather than the large sack that they have had since birth. So we now have two with adult stockings and one with a sack. [The things we do to ensure fairness.lol]

2 comments:

maria said...

That is a *really good* idea Gail. Do you think you will eventually end up with having to make more than one tin as the 1st one fills up? I applaud you for the brilliant Christmas memories solution! Now.. your links didn't show in your last LITS post.. so I will try to figure out how to find your challenge blog.

maria said...

Oooh.. ok.. eventually the menu on the right hand side showed up and I can see there is a link there!