Thursday, 21 June 2007

Burn


This is a promotion photo for BURN, which I preformed in a few years back. I was part of, one of, the four chorus groups. I had never sung on stage before, hence why I was there..to step out of my comfort zone. Would I do it again? Definitely not. Although it was a great insight into the world of theatre, I much prefer to be on the audience side. But it did get me to try something completely out of the ordinary. I met some wonderful people from all walks of life and the major part of this particualr production was for each preformer to add part of their life story. There was a whole mix of emotions attached to being part of such a group, but excitement was the key element, which saw me complete the journey. What started of as a free 'have a go' community sing session turned into a four night preformance at various venues. What an adventure and experience of a life time it was!
[by the way, I'm top left in the photo]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A singing star! You are so talented!

maria said...

Gail, hi, I'm 'burying' this message deep in the belly of your blog just for a bit of one-on-one I guess. I just read your blog comment (thank you so much for dropping by and for your wishes). I just wanted to say that I hope you aren't with 'heavy heart' for too long -as emotional upheaval is not a nice feeling. I hope things aren't too bad for you. Just letting you know I'm thinking of you. Sincerely. Take Care.