Monday, 18 June 2007

Scrapbooking





On saturday I attended a scrapbooking day. It was pure indulgence to scrap, chat and shop all day. I managed to complete five 12x12 layouts. We were all given five wooden blocks and some ideas on how to decorate them. I brought mine home, not sure of what I was going to do to them. But once inspiration hit, I was eager to get them done. Above is the finished result. I was really happy to be able to put four words with different themed paper on the sides. The paper folded flowers were perfect for the tops of them.
When I first started scrapbooking, 18 months ago, I had no interest in off the page projects. But I now occassionally have the urge to explore a different medium. Scrapbooking is a very forgiving craft, with there being no right or wrong. I love it.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! Scrapbooking is just the best! Your blocks are awesome! Think I will have to steal your ideas!!!