Sunday, 11 October 2009

Our Girl

This is our darling grandaughter, Helena, who will be six months on the 22nd of this month [oct]. Unfortunately for her mum, she has decided that cat napping is the go during the day and waking two hourly the go for nights, and that equates to one tired mumma! So yesterday and today we took her for a few hours to give her mum a break. Using the big bouncy pram we managed to get a two hour nap out of her, but that's the joys of being able to put aside two hours to jog the pram. A luxury that mum's don't always have. In addition to that, there's four of us here at home that absolutely dote on her, so it's easy to pass her around, as we have our own chores to do.



This is my daughter Rhiannon, who turned eighteen last week. Helena adores her aunt Annie and I think the feeling is mutual. Rhiannon is definitely an aunt to look up to as she's just shy of six foot! Rhiannon is currently revising for her V.C.E. exams and is aiming at attending La Trobe Uni to study environmental science.

Talking of study, I am ploughing through my certificate four course on family therapy and counselling. I have just one term to go, and then have the option of going on to study for a diploma next year. I am waiting on the Lord for clear direction for this as there are so many variables, and it was with His direction that I started this journey to begin with. If you pray, please pray, for me in this and in thanks for His provision.

1 comment:

lusi said...

Oh wow she has grown so much Gail! She is so beautiful!!! :) Happy belated birthday to Rhiannon too - life is just flying by isn't it mate :)
Praying for you. I know the Lord will lead you into the perfect way :)
Love Lus x