Wednesday, 21 October 2009

My mind

Lots happening in my world right now and that means that my mind is in overdrive. Here's a sample...
  • My daughter is about to embark on the countdown to VCE exams
  • The process of declaring excess staff has started for my work team
  • I have two final assignments to complete, each with time frames
  • My granddaughter is unwell
  • I am contemplating how we celebrate Christmas
  • I am working through a process of healing
  • I'm embarking on gaining better health through dietary changes

So the reality of this is that I didn't sleep well last night. Each time I fell asleep, I would wake up again within the hour, and then take a while to fall asleep again. This went on to about 1am. Therefore by 8am, before my day had really got started, I already felt emotionally and mentally drained.

Thankfully I had a proffessional development day to attend, and therefore not too taxing. The day was actually quite pleasant with a catch up with a friend and a great venue with good hospitality. So good in fact, that I ended staying until 6pm, enjoying a wine and chat with my friend. Though the heavy mind returned as I left the venue and began thinking again of all that's happening.

A break through though was made with my current assignment, as I discovered, that many of the required responses are in fact within our manual, and don't need to be deciphered from the given text, which I am still reading. Such a relief. So now maybe my reoccurent dream of an unfinished assignment will cease!

1 comment:

Lara Cooper said...

Hey Gail, thanks for reading my little blog post! You sound like you have heaps going on in your mind. Me too! Isaiah 40 was good to read yesterday...