Wednesday, 28 October 2009

The Lord Provides

If I had a choice, I would have taken this week off, not only because of all I was dealing with last week, but also for the busyness of this week. Rhiannon is deep in study for exams, i have an assignment deadline looming, Jess is needing support and we also have overseas visitors, whom I'd love to have more time with. But alas, I had no genuine excuse for taking time off, so I went to school [work] Monday, did a rushed shop, and attended the teens music concert that night.

But then the Lord provided........
The scratchy throat I had on Monday, was capulted into a full on throat infection tuesday morning, hence a day off, a visit to the Dr. and to my surprise a certificate for the whole week off. Now it's not going to be the energetic week off that I would have requested, but it is in fact better, as it is forcing me to stop, to rest and rejuvenate, and I would expect as the week goes on, I will be able to focus on the reading and writing I need to do for my assignment. In the meantime, it is giving me the opportunity to simply be present for Rhiannon as she studies, for my visitors as they are directed to local attractions, and to be available by phone to Jess as she copes with her own unwellness.

I can only see a snap shot of life, but my Lord who sees and knows all, provides amply.

"Who has understood the mind of the Lord, or instructed Him as counsellor?
Whom did the Lord consult to enlighten Him, and who taught Him the right way?
Who was it that taught Him knowledge or showed Him the path of understanding?"
Isaiah 40: 13-14

but I urge you to read all of Isaiah 40, Isaiah was a prophet of the old testament, and yet he spoke of not only the wonders of God, but also of Jesus and what was to happen.

My nose has mutated to a tap overnight, thank goodness I have a good supply of tissue paper! and a very valid excuse to drink more water, as I've been struggling to do so of late.

1 comment:

lusi said...

Oh mate, hoping you feel better very soon!

'I can only see a snap shot of life, but my Lord who sees and knows all, provides amply.'

I loved that Gail. It reminds me of a song i love (not sure who sings it) but the chorus goes like this... "God, God is God and I am not, I can only see a part of the picture He's painting. God, God is God and I am man so I'll never understand it all for only God is God".

I love the way He, our beautiful wonderful artist, loving knits all things together in His perfect plans.

Thank you so very much for my birthday card. You are one very treasured friend Gail and I am so blessed to know you.

All my love,
Lus x