Well a few weeks ago there was an announcement in the newspaper, asking for an expression of interest in social dance classes, to be held locally. I spoke to Mal about enquiring, but as usual, the idea got put aside and I didn't call.
However this week my memory was jolted by another dance school advertisement and so I called both places, but it was the local one that appealled the most. it offered waltzes, rock and roll and latin, and whatever the class was looking for.
So tonight mal and I attended our first class, and for those who have seen the movie, 'shall we dance?', it was very much like that. fast paced, heaps to comprehend, lots of mistakes, a bit of puffing and sweating, but loads of fun. will we go back? Absolutely!
Just from the one night, we could see huge benefits:
- exercise
- meeting new people
- ability to join in rather than watch and admire people dancing
- using the brain to learn a new skill
- quality time together
- lots of fun!
So what is it that you have always talked about doing, but haven't yet started?



No comments:
Post a Comment