Wow, I now have the date and time sorted, as well as a few extra features thanks to the help of some fellow bloggers and a fair bit of time spent on here.
Last night I was able to see my sister and her family. They now live far from here, so the opportunity to catch up in person is rare. Making it extra special was the chance to hold and get aquainted with my new niece. She is now 7 weeks old and of course adorable. My own children are all now in their teens, and it seems incredible that they too used to be so small. I looked at my niece and wondered what she would be like as a toddler, a child, a teenager and beyond. Her life story is just starting. Then I thought of myself, and of my story, and how important it is, that my story is recorded, so that not only my children, but future generations can read it and know how life was for me. That is why scrapbooking appeals to me, not only can I be creative and indulge in my passion for stationary. I can also capture my thoughts and experiences on a page for future generations to reflect on. I've also started writing a ledger on what I remember. I aim to write reflections on different times in my life, because not all journalling fits on a page, and I have never been able to commit to writing a daily journal.



1 comment:
It is so nice that you get to spend some time with your new niece! I love spending time with my nephews and nieces even though it doesn't happen too often.
Glad you got to catch up with your sister!
A journal is a great idea - that is why I blog so in the future people can come by and see what I have been upto and my family have photos and can look back at the memories!
Post a Comment