
Last year in late November, my daughter and I went on the Great Victorian Bike ride. It started in Wangaratta and ended at Whitfield, near Melbourne. The views of the country side were magnificent [despite the drought], and the diversity of people was amazing. All shapes, sizes, age, and gender, were there with the one focus, which was to get from point A to point B, having lots of fun along the way.
The photo above shows our tent among the thousands of tents at the Mansfield camp site. There were four thousand participants, and then enough volunteers to manage a whole tent city on a daily basis and to provide support along the ride. Quite the show on the road so to speak.
Although we had a fantastic experience and would love to make it an annual event, we have just made the decision to not go this year as there are other events on our calender hat need to take priority. It was a hard call because the route this year looks wonderful and the final night has Kate Cerbrano preforming in the Buchan Caves. If you're a bike rider, have a look at www.bv.com.au. It really is a great experience/challenge to do.



1 comment:
I was kicking myself that I didn't do it with you last year. I think in future if something like this comes up and I put it off cause I hope to be in Sydney it's time to shrug that off and sign up anyway. I could have always flown back for such a wonderful event.
Post a Comment