To understand the relevance of this post, please visit Lusi's blog via the link 'Get Real' on my sidebar to the right.
So here goes.......
1. I had to attend a training seminar I Melbourne last week, and it took me way out of my comfort zone. Not the attend study part, but the part that required me to stay in a motel by myself for three nights. May sound rediculous to some, but a very real time of concern for me. I stepped out in faith and all was well.
2. I am in the whirl wind of taking on a full time study course while working 30 hours a week. Insane? Maybe, but once again stepping out in faith.
3. I haven't posted in nearly a month, I haven't creatively scrapped in that time either, I've just managed to get through the basic requirements of the day.
4. My husband and kids do the majority of the cooking these days, I have no enthusiasm for it.
I am thankful for.......
1. My family
2. The safety of my town
3. A Lord I can trust in.
4. The abundance of food in my kitchen
5. Being able to sleep in my own bed.



3 comments:
Yay mate - I so enjoyed reading your post :) So glad you are joining in. Good on you too for stepping out of your comfort zone with the motel thing. That would take me out of my comfort zone in a major way too!
Love to you and the family (thinking of Jess often),
Lus x
HI Gail, so glad to see you back on. I have been wondering about you. Hoping the fires weren't close to your home. I haven't been able to post much lately, my internet keeps going down during the day and comes back on at night. I have learned that I am spending to much time on it, because the first few days I acted like I had nothing to do! Then I finally got busy with things I have been putting off.
Congrats on your stepping out in faith, isn't God fun. You go girl!
Good on you for 'getting through' re: the trip to Melbourne. Would have been lonely I imagine for you? How wonderful that you have a loving family at home who waits for your return.. and hopefully you were able to keep in touch with them by phone and text messages? That is one thing I missed when P was out of my life completely.. is that contact.. where he had no clue what I did each day..and vice versa. Families are the one's that care the most (if we are blessed that is.... and after God caring the most I mean).
I will pray my friend that you don't get burnt-out with all of your responsibilities. It sounds like a lot will be required from you. I do hope with all of the busy-ness.. you will find physical/mental rest somewhere..and joy -even in what you're doing as you reach for goals. :)
Post a Comment