It's been nearly two weeks since I returned from the intensive training sessions for my study course, and I feel brain dead [note it's only 7am!]. Since I have been home, I haven't slept sound not even for a night. Each night I wake with an edge of panic over a 'phantom' assignment. Yep, not worry over a real on the go assignment, but over oe that doesn't even exist. Talk about a waste of energy!
I have the first assignment up to the full draft stage, it feels good, but edged with uncertainty being the first one and not being sure of the format.
To put my head into a real tail spin, my gorgeous study partner whom I am to meet twice and do a series of assessments with, has had to defer the course, so is unavailable to me to complete those sections. [this also impacts on my small group work as well]. So I need to sort out that issue a.s.a.p., as i will have to most likely slip into the time slot of others. Yikes!! But that's not overlooking my concern for my original partner, and the circumstances she is in.
So that's my night [mares] and day worry. Then there is my actual day job, that is having it's own teething issues as we settle into the new year. Oh and of course, I'm also a wife and mum to three teens, so any incy tincy bit of free time is taken with being taxi, hotel to extras, and event manager to their individual schedules.
But that is just a snap shot of my current head space.
Also in reality is the blessing of
*versitile teens who will cater for themselves as short notice as Mal and I head out to bible study
* my loving husband who always ensures quality time with the teens, no matter how tired he is
* my daughter [no.1] diligently fullfilling her house duties in lieu of board
* my daughter [no.2]setting her own study schedule and working independantly
* my son carrying out tasks, as he is asked without complaint
* emotional support and encouragement from my dear friend Karen
* knowing that Maria is always available to listen and encourage
* Lusi's blog that always lifts and inspires me because she is 'real'
So now I'm off to face another action packed 'real' day, knowing that the support of family and friends, and the love of my Lord and the strength of his Spirit, will be there for me.



1 comment:
I will be praying for your studies mate. Sounds like a very full on time right now for you.
You are such an encouragement and blessing to ME because of YOUR realness!!!
And THANK YOU SO MUCH for the beautiful scarlet bracelet mate - it came in the mail 2 days ago. Sorry I haven't come by before this to say thanks and of course for your lovely letter too.
Anyway, am sending much love to you!
lus x
Post a Comment