As Mal had today off, and I didn't have yard duty, I organised to meet him at a local cafe for either lunch or snack depending on how hungry we were. [my school has lunch between 11 and noon.] Anyway we decided on antipasto to share, having no idea of the serving size but not being too hungry we thought we could have lunch later. However when it arrived we quickly decided that this would be lunch! Mal had already picked up a chunk of bread and started when I remembered my friend Maria and got my phone/camera out. It was all delicious. I don't eat meat, so Mal had that but there was smoked trout and cheese for me. I loved all the various morsels of dips and spreads that went with it. [I'm sure there's better descriptive words for that, but I'm not a real 'foodie', I just appreciate nice food. lol

I decided it wasn't worth downloading just one photo off my phone, so I've just done a quick round of the garden to show you why I'm liking it so much at the moment. I especially like the tall bearded irises.
1 comment:
I was going to say I really like your Irises.
I'm curious about how much your platter cost? It looks good! They were generous with the bread.
Post a Comment